BTEC Level 3 Certificate
You must have at least two years of relevant experience in at least one Dance genre. Grade 4 in GCSE English. You will also need a desire to improve your dance skills and perform to a live audience.
Students will apply a range of skills, knowledge and understanding in preparation for employment/further study. For example, units provide students with the knowledge and understanding of advanced concepts such as the style and context of performance genres, audition techniques, planning, repertoire, rehearsal schedules, the nature of performance, collaborating with others, health and safety, technical requirements and reviewing/analysis of performances, and a solid grounding of practical/technical skills that will prepare them for employment or to be developed in further studies.
The qualification consists of three types of units: One externally assessed core (mandatory) unit, an internally assessed core (mandatory) unit and five internally assessed optional units.
This practical course is ideal preparation for a course or career in the performing arts.
Students can apply to gain entry at the following college/universities:
- Addict Dance Academy, Leicester
- Arts Educational, London
- Bird College of Dance, Sidcup
- Laine Theatre Arts College, Surrey
- Liverpool Institute of Performing Arts (LIPA)
- London Studio Centre
- Millennium Performing Arts College, London
- Northern School of Contemporary Dance, Leeds
- Performance Preparation Academy (PPA), Guildford
- Performers College, Corringham
- Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts, London (RADA)
- Shockout, Manchester
- The Urdang Academy, London
- Wilkes Academy of Performing Arts, Swindon
as well as many other university courses.