Queen Elizabeth School Sixth Form offers students the chance to combine their passion for football with academic qualification.
For Queen Elizabeth School Sixth Form students, Luton Town FC Community Trust will deliver a scheme which enables students to train and play alongside a flexible programme of academic study.
This is a new and exciting opportunity that will offer students the chance to play football alongside studying their chosen subjects at QE6.
Our Football Academy enables talented football players to access a structured programme of high-level training and fixtures whilst continuing to have the opportunity to study their chosen academic courses. As part of the programme, students will receive up to 6 hours of UEFA qualified coaching per week combined with weekly league games.
Students will also benefit from a wide range of enrichment opportunities, such as; coaching qualifications, officiating qualifications, visits to professional games and visits to universities. The programme is designed to not only develop a student’s footballing ability, but to build skills which will enable students to progress beyond Post 16 Study and into a successful career or higher education.
What does the academy offer
- Unique opportunity to play football alongside studying your chosen subjects at Sixth Form.
- Access a structured programme of high-level training and fixtures whilst continuing to have the opportunity to study your chosen academic courses.
- Receive up to 6 hours of UEFA qualified coaching per week combined with weekly league games.
- A professional support programme which provides strength & conditioning, nutrition, physiotherapy and sports science guidance.
- Opportunities to achieve coaching and refereeing qualifications.
- Access to the school’s state-of-the-art gym/fitness suite.
- Benefit from a wide range of enrichment opportunities.
- To provide high-standard football coaching and related opportunities to young male players alongside a high quality, full-time academic education.
- Allow committed players to play the game, learn and develop holistically through a structured programme of training, competitive games programme fixtures, physical and social development.
- Ensure all student athletes succeed academically and support them into their next steps whether that is higher education, playing professionally, pursuing a career in the football industry, wider sports industry or other employment.
How to apply
To be part of our Football Academy, you can choose to study either BTEC National Extended Certificate in Sport (equivalent to 1 A Level) alongside two other A Level subjects or you can choose to study BTEC National Extended Diploma full time. (equivalent to 3 A Level’s of study).
BTEC National Extended Certificate Entry Requirements
5 GCSEs including English Language and Mathematics at grades 5 - 9.
Individual course entry requirements also apply.
BTEC National Extended Diploma Entry Requirements
5 GCSEs including English Language and Mathematics at grades 3 or above.
In order to join our football academy, learners must demonstrate a sufficient level of football ability combined with a keen interest in sport, health & fitness and football. This will be assessed during open trials; more information will be provided regarding trials upon application.
Selection is based on a variety of factors which are assessed on an individual basis through interview and trial.
For more information contact the Academy Director, Mr Antcliff on email@example.com, or to register your interest click on the button below.