Travel and Tourism Extended Diploma (L3)
BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma
Standard BTEC entry requirement.
This Level 3 is equivalent to 3 A Levels and allows you to study the industry in depth. You will learn about global destinations, current industry issues, and business and marketing. The travel and tourism industry is an ever growing industry providing at least 4 million jobs within the UK in 2021, in a variety of areas including tour operations, airlines, visitor attractions and travel agents as well as strategic authorities dealing with travel to the UK. This exciting course enables you to develop transferable skills such as teamwork and communication. As it is one of the world's largest industries there are numerous opportunities for overseas employment.
Some of the content you will study with this course are:
- Worldwide Travel and Tourism
- Promotion and sales in Travel and Tourism
- Overseas representatives
- Planning and delivering guided tours
- Conferences and Events
- Development of tour operators’ products and services
- Package Holidays
- Ancillary sales and services
- Legislation in Travel and Tourism
- Respond to emergency and problem situations in tourism destinations
- Developing Entertainment
- Investigating Cruise Industry
QE6 Extras / Co-Curriculum Opportunities
Career expertise/experience - links with airport and airlines at London Luton Airport.
Successful students can progress on to career paths including travel agents, tour operators, hotel receptionists or airline customer services and cabin crew.
Travel and Tourism can lead to a wide range of other careers in the areas of event & hospitality management, wedding planning, travel agencies, public relations, travel journalism and tourism marketing. Students may also attend university.
- International Tourism Management
- Events Management
- Business Management
- Tourism Management
- Sport/Outdoor Activities
- Air Transport Pilots Licence